Frequently Asked Questions - Travel

Do I need a visa ?

Whether or not you need a visa depends on your nationality and the country in which the school will be held. If you are not sure that you have the right to travel to the country in question, we suggest that you contact an embassy of your country of nationality, or a similar authority.

What should I do if I need a visa?

You should contact the local organizer at the institute where the school will be held. The local organizer will provide you with a letter of invitation if he has the necessary information. Contact details should be available through the webpage for the school in question; if not please ask the CAS secretariat.

In some cases a booking confirmation from the hotel is also required.

How long does it take to obtain a visa?

This varies depending on your nationality and the country in which the school will be held. The procedure can take up to 3 months.

Can I bring an accompanying person?

From the CAS organizational point of view such an option is feasible without any problems. As well as following a demanding lecture program and associated course work, CAS attendees are expected to work together on course problems outside of the scheduled program. Mixing and networking with other students is also an important career benefit. So in the end every particiapnt has to decide by himself if an accompaning partner is compatible with the course objectives.

You are here